Complaint - If something goes wrong, we want to know

How can I make a complaint?

We aim to provide high quality services and support for people affected by substance misuse at all times. However, sometimes we might not get this entirely right. We want to make sure we do our best to learn from any areas where we do not perform well, and improve our work as a result.

If you are unhappy about our work or any part of the services we provide we would be grateful for any comments, criticism and complaints. These help us to do things better.

You can make a complaint if you use or have used or are planning to use our services.  You can also complain if you are directly affected by someone using our services.  If you have a concern, you can speak informally to the staff or volunteers concerned.

 If that doesn’t work, or if you don’t feel comfortable about doing this then you can make a formal complaint.  To do that you should write to our Chief Executive.

You can find ASC’s complaint procedure here Complaints Procedure April 2012

Paul Mooney
Chief Executive
Addictions Support and Counselling (ASC) – Forth Valley
32 Vicar Street, Falkirk



What if my complaint is about the chief executive?

If your complaint is about the Chief Executive you should contact our Chairperson care of the same address.

Addictions Support and Counselling (ASC) – Forth Valley
32 Vicar Street

You should say clearly and briefly

• What went wrong

• When and where it happened

• Who was involved

• What you want from the complaint

What happens next?

When we receive your complaint the Chief Executive will acknowledge it in five working days. He will investigate your complaint and contact you with the outcome of the investigations and He will also tell you about what further action you can take.

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint or your complaint is about the Chief Executive then you should write to the Chairperson of our Board care of our main Office. You will receive an acknowledgement within ten working days.