How to refer yourself or someone else

I am a family member/carer of someone misusing substances can you offer me support?

Yes we offer counselling to those affected by someone else’s substance misuse.

How long do I have to be stable to receive your organisations help?

It is simply necessary that you have enough stability to be able to attend appointments on a regular basis often but not always weekly, once per week. We will not continue with an appointment with anyone whom we believe to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If we believe this to be the case you will be asked to leave the premises.

Do I have to be alcohol or drug free to receive your organisation’s help?

There is no need to be abstinent from alcohol and/or drugs to receive counselling provided that you are sober and clean on the day of your appointment and that you are not hung over from any consumption or intoxication from the previous evening.

You cannot join our rehabilitation services if you are undergoing a detoxification programme or have only very recently stopped drinking or taking drugs. This is because the rehabilitation services can be demanding and requires a commitment to participate on a regular basis. If you are interested in joining the rehabilitation services we can offer you an assessment appointment during which we can explore with you your circumstances and needs.

How long do I have to wait for an appointment?

You will be contacted within 15 working days of us receiving your referral.

Do you offer evening appointments?

Our counselling service can offer evening appointments if they are needed but most of our appointments are during the day.

How do I cancel an appointment?

Call the office where the appointment is to take place: Falkirk 01324 874 969 or Stirling 01786 450 721 or e-mail us at enquiries@asc.me.uk.

If your appointment is at any other location please call the Falkirk office.

Do you pay travel expenses?

We pay travel expenses for service users to attend groupwork sessions but not counselling or initial assessment appointments.

Do you offer home visits?

Our counselling service can occasionally offer home visits if this is needed.

How can I refer someone?

You can refer anybody to ASC by any of the following methods:

  • Call our office in Falkirk on 01324 874 969
  • e-mail us at enquiries@asc.me.uk
  • Download the referral form from this website and post it to

Addictions Support & Counselling
32 Vicar St
Falkirk, FK1 1JB

To request a printed copy of the referral form please call the number above.