We can provide individual counselling that can help you change your behaviour, thoughts and feelings about yourself in relation to your substance misuse.
We treat everyone on an individual basis and with respect. We do not seek to persuade anyone to accept a particular view of substance misuse although we believe that by focusing on a person’s behaviour, thoughts and feelings about themselves in relation to their substance misuse that can be successful in helping people to recover from substance misuse.
Counselling can also help to
- Identify underlying problems
- Encourage a person to become motivated in trying out new behaviours
- Recognise risky situations and avoid relapse
- Develop coping skills in making changes
- Identify resources within the community that can sustain change
During an assessment we can explore with the person what counselling will cover and any counselling that we do provide is on a time limited basis and is reviewed regularly.